Discussion topic: Why am I paying over 40 pound per month for non fibre and have had the same router for over 5 years

This message was authored by maggiefury This message was authored by: maggiefury

Why am I paying over 40 pound per month for non fibre and have had the same router for over 5 years

Old router for 5 years and paying over 40 pound per month for non fibre. Even being a gold member . Shocking 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Why am I paying over 40 pound per month for non fibre and have had the same router for over 5 ye

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@maggiefury 

Has your broadband discount finished? Your VIP status has very little to do with what you pay. Nearly all customers are VIP to some degree. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
maggiefury
Topic Author
This message was authored by maggiefury This message was authored by: maggiefury

Re: Why am I paying over 40 pound per month for non fibre and have had the same router for over 5 ye

No I've had same router for over 5 years and I'm a gold.member . Going to cancel payments . And join vodaphone fibre optic 28 a month rather than 43 or whatever it is . That annoyed can't remember 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@maggiefury 

The price you're seeing quoted for Vodafone is for new customers. You're not a new Sky customer. As I've already said your VIP level is irrelevant. If you choose to leave the same will happen at the end of your discounted deal with whoever you go with. Once you've been away for 18 months you'll be able to rejoin Sky and benefit from new customer discounts.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@maggiefury 

If you are outside a minimum contract term then you will be paying the full list price: VIP status is irrelevant to pricing.  Any other ISP will offer an initial discount and then happily increase it just as Sky has done: that's the way the industry works.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@maggiefury wrote:

Old router for 5 years 

The Q Hub is from 2016, and the Sky Broadband broadband Hub from 2019: both models have millions of users

@maggiefury wrote:

paying over 40 pound per month for non fibre. 

That's about right for full price FTTC (possibly with Broadband Boost)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@maggiefury wrote:

Going to cancel payments . 

@maggiefury 

I presume you mean you're going to cancel your subscription. Just cancelling your payment method will cause you all sorts of problems.

To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like Virgin Media or City Fibre etc who don’t use the Openreach set up, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

If you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.

Return packaging for any equipment Sky expect back will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period. Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion