Discussion topic: When connected to my router I get ERR_Address_unreachable error but works if I connect to a extender

This message was authored by C-S This message was authored by: C-S

When connected to my router I get ERR_Address_unreachable error but works if I connect to a extender

ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error when using any browser connected to router, if I use a extender's it tends to work. I have two extenders

All Replies

This message was authored by 1egohead This message was authored by: 1egohead

Re: When connected to my router I get ERR_Address_unreachable error but works if I connect to a exte

Hello!

Have you tried to access the Routers Panel via ethernet?

Aswell as this, have your restarted your router at any point since the issue occured? 😊

*Not sky employee*
Gigafast User | New to the forum | Tech Analyst | Jira Agile Amateur | Ubiquiti Network | Cyber Security Degree

Like if you found my reply useful 🙂
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: When connected to my router I get ERR_Address_unreachable error but works if I connect to a exte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@C-S can you post the colour of your Sky hub and whether the extenders are Sky's pods. With the newer white Sky hub and its matched pods you normally cannot control which unit a device connects to.

If you get  issues with addresses being unreachable adding a public DNS to you devices network settings for that connection can often help. I use Google's at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 myself.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
C-S
Topic Author
This message was authored by C-S This message was authored by: C-S

Thanks, it's a black hub and the extenders are TP link devices, probably not related but a vax carpet cleaner tripped the electrics last week including the router and it coincides with that, just chance I guess. I did try the Google DNS but no joy!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@C-S sounds like the short msy have cooked the hub in some way, its a pretty weird fault but getting the hub swapped out should tell you if that is the problem. Give Sky a call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion