Discussion topic: What is the telephone number to talk to a human. My broadband has been delayed by another 2 weeks.

This message was authored by Dianne60 This message was authored by: Dianne60

What is the telephone number to talk to a human. My broadband has been delayed by another 2 weeks.

Sky box arrived on 3rdAug! Can't watch as no broadband which is now delayed until an update on 28th!!

Best Answers
Dianne60
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dianne60 This message was authored by: Dianne60 Answer

Re: What is the telephone number to talk to a human. My broadband has been delayed by another 2 week

Hi @jamesn123 . I don't know my telephone number as yet so I can't use that website. However according to Outreach I am good to go at my new address and they gave me a list of providers to order my fibre broadband from. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: What is the telephone number to talk to a human. My broadband has been delayed by another 2 week

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Dianne60 

This can happen if Openreach are having trouble finding a path for the fibre cable to come into your home.

If you go to this website and use the 'Address checker' then post the resulting table back here we can see what the reason might be for the delay.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Dianne60
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dianne60 This message was authored by: Dianne60 Answer

Hi @jamesn123 . I don't know my telephone number as yet so I can't use that website. However according to Outreach I am good to go at my new address and they gave me a list of providers to order my fibre broadband from. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Dianne60 

Use the address checker and post the table and notes after removing  your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Dianne60
Topic Author

Hi @cookiemonsteruk 

I'm worried now! I tried to upload a screenshot yesterday but didn't realise at the time the photo would not show immediately 🥴 then tried to cancel my message to start again. However the photo insert icon is no longer available to me and I don't know how to do it any other way! 
it is saying we are not in a current priority fibre program however I can see where they have dug up the pavement outside the house to lay the fibre cable! It was done all over the city a couple of years ago!  When I go to the Openreach website it tells me I'm already to go!!

Dianne60
Topic Author

Hello @cookiemonsteruk 

IMG_3705.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Dianne60 

For what its worth as this only explains the delay. UNderground congested duct means that they need a team to unblock the duct and one to possibly dig up the road which needs approval from local authority which itself takes 4 weeks

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion