Discussion topic: We've moved house . we've been told its a non standard move. today I found out it can take 13 weeks

This message was authored by murphy47 This message was authored by: murphy47

We've moved house . we've been told its a non standard move. today I found out it can take 13 weeks

We were disconnected on the 25th of march as part of a house move. Five phonecalls later I was told today that as a non standard move sky do not need to let me know what the forecasted date of installation is.After 13 weeks if its still not installed then they will update me. On each phonecall im promised it will happwn but also told they have no date when. Ive also been misinformed several times any one else experience this with a house move and poor communication

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: We've moved house . we've been told its a non standard move. today I found out it can take 13 we

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@murphy47 assuming you are innthe UK if you enter your new address into the following checker and post the results with the first few lines of the notes below the table after obscuring the reference to the address forum members should be able to explain the issue Openreach Checker

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: We've moved house . we've been told its a non standard move. today I found out it can take 13 we

@murphy47 

Unfortunately there's a major flaw in the 'home move' system (from all Openreach-based ISPs, not just Sky) where it really doesn't cope with delays in FTTP provision at the new address.  As @Chrisee indicates, the BT Wholesale Checker should show if that's the case here, but there isn't any good solution.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
murphy47
Topic Author
This message was authored by murphy47 This message was authored by: murphy47

im based in Ireland. Sky checked the availability and said I could get broadband and put me into contract.Then I found out there was an issue only after they disconnected us and we moved. It has taken three weeks for them to even mention they have no obligation to answer or address the move with the engineer for  13 weeks Any advice on what I should do 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@murphy47 

We don't have  the experience to be certain about ComReg and OpenEir, but unfortunately I suspect the situation is much the same.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion