Discussion topic: Waiting on hub

This message was authored by DT66 This message was authored by: DT66

Waiting on hub

On 11th Sky have emailed me and informed me that my phoneline and broadband are active, they have done this despite me having no hub.

I have called them continously since 11th to tell them I have no hub. I have had agents telling me the hub has been sent which it transpires is not true.

I'm now told that the "system" says I have an old hub so I didn't need one - I don't have an old hub and nobody asked me if I did have one. Another agent told me it was irrelevant if I had an old hub as it wouldn't work now.

So now I am waiting on a manager to confirm I have no hub and to authorise sending out another one, however,  no-one can give a timeline as to when this will happen. No agent will put you through to a manager.

No idea whe I will be getting a hub and no doubt I will then have a battle on my hands to get credit for the period from 11th October to the actual date of resolution.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Waiting on hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DT66Is track orders totally clear saying no orders in my account?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
DT66
Topic Author
This message was authored by DT66 This message was authored by: DT66

Re: Waiting on hub

Hi Highlander.

The fact that there was no order in the system is reflective of Sky's system and not the fact that I had ordered broadband.

Apparently the system said that I had a hub from 2019 hence there was no hub sent to me. Nobody bothered to check if I still had that hub - which I didn't - and apparently it takes 72 hours for a manager to update this record. Not sure it this breaks GDPR rules seeing as I wasn't a Sky broandband customer since 2019.

I spoke to various agents in Sky who all told me different stories and some of them were blantant lies. Needless to say when the TV contract terminates I won't be renewing as I have never been treated with such disdain.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion