Discussion topic: WIN10 Desktop PC won't detect SKY broadband wifi network

This message was authored by SKYUSER36 This message was authored by: SKYUSER36

WIN10 Desktop PC won't detect SKY broadband wifi network

Switched from BT to Sky Max hub broadband. Every device in the house is connected and working fine, yet my Windows 10 PC does not even see the network, though it does see the SKY network belonging to the neighbours. Have tried every possible solution available including forcing only 2.4ghz band via router . Drivers are all updated and the PC would connect to mobile hotspot etc, this seems to be a very old issue (and resolved) with sky broadband based on information available on the web but none of it helped, any suggestions?

WIN10 home

Version 22H2

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WIN10 Desktop PC won't detect SKY broadband wifi network

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKYUSER36 do you have the newxwhite Sky Max hub one lateral thought as if you have is maybe your PC cannot cope with the new WPA3-T WiFi security standard that uses by default. If you suspect the using the My Sky app you can switch the hub to use the older WPA2. As I say its just an idea.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
SKYUSER36
Topic Author
This message was authored by SKYUSER36 This message was authored by: SKYUSER36

Re: WIN10 Desktop PC won't detect SKY broadband wifi network

Thanks for the reply and Yes I have changed it WPA2 as some other devices were not able to connect 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion