Discussion topic: Voice light on Amber knocks out Wi-fi too

This message was authored by Col1972 This message was authored by: Col1972

Voice light on Amber knocks out Wi-fi too

I have full fibre gigafast but everytume the voice light goes amber it knocks out the wi-fi in the house. It resets if I turn it off at the power and then power back up but not sure why the voice light being Amber affects the wi-fi when that light is green.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Voice light on Amber knocks out Wi-fi too

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Col1972  Are any other lights on the router changing colour when this happens? Like the internet light going out and start flashing or does that also stay solid green when it happens?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Col1972
Topic Author

@Highlinder no all the other lights remain green but for the voice light. 

If I run a broadband check from the app it states there are no issues but there is as wi-fi drops out.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Col1972  Do you have to re-start the router in order to get the Wi-Fi working again or does it just start working again after the voice light goes back to green?

Col1972
Topic Author

@Highlinder I normally re boot as I work from home so rely on the wi fi.  On occasions where it has gone back to green, can only think of 1 occasion, then it does work again.

@Col1972 Could you please post your router stats following the link below when this happens again before you re-boot the router if you are able to connect to it.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion