Discussion topic: Upload speed wont go above 0.20mbps

This message was authored by 9yearMember This message was authored by: 9yearMember

Upload speed wont go above 0.20mbps

I am having connection issues when gaming, uploading, and sending files I have reached out to Sky and they fixed my download speed (again) after the fourth home visit i was told they can't do anything about my upload speed as it is not guaranteed but you need at least 3mbps upload speed to make a decent connection when gaming and my numerous test never go beyond 0.20 Mbps

openreach and Sky are both saying everything is fine and after the last visit they said I'm free to leave as they cannot fix my issue 

i have had 3 new wifi boxes and phone line sockets and the lines have been inspected and have been confirmed to be (working fine)

Best Answers
9yearMember
Topic Author
This message was authored by 9yearMember This message was authored by: 9yearMember Answer

Re: Upload speed wont go above 0.20mbps

Thanks you for the quick responses I appreciate it.

Hopefully virgin media will be much better as I have now cancelled my contract and I am goint to be changing providers but after 9 years they didn't even try to keep me 

I can't keep using internet with an upload speed like this it's unusable, I have weeks of results logged and none of them exceed 0.30 mbps.

im told I have to pay my next bill in 10 days but must send my equipment back in the next 5 working days or I will be charged for it, unbelievable.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@9yearMember Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
9yearMember
Topic Author
This message was authored by 9yearMember This message was authored by: 9yearMember

https://gyazo.com/fc89de406040d9fcf2aaed26bb00aea2

even with this information, im told nothing can be done

upstream is 600kbps

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@9yearMember wrote:

openreach and Sky are both saying everything is fine and after the last visit they said I'm free to leave as they cannot fix my issue 

Clearly it's not 'fine' as under 0.4Mbs is essentially unusable as an outbound speed.  Unfortunately they are correct that upload isn't 'guaranteed', but I would note the Universal Service Obligation is for 1Mbs of outbound (with 10Mbs inbound).  Claiming under USO does require BT to be the ISP, and I'd have to say it's currently unclear if USO challenges are actually addressed on copper anyway, or just stalled until full fibre arrives.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@9yearMember unfortunately Openreach are increasingly unwilling to do remedial work on copper lines as their future life is limited due to the roll out of full fibre. While Sky will release you from contract other ISPs (with the possibie exception of EE/BT as @TimmyBGood mentions) will have the same issue.

Therfore I would be looking for a mobile service if your home is not got access to Virgin Media or one of the newer Altnet suppliers with their own network. Mobile need not be prohibitively expensive, there is also Starlink which is pretty pricy but seems to suit users with no other options than a lousy phone line.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
9yearMember
Topic Author
This message was authored by 9yearMember This message was authored by: 9yearMember Answer

Thanks you for the quick responses I appreciate it.

Hopefully virgin media will be much better as I have now cancelled my contract and I am goint to be changing providers but after 9 years they didn't even try to keep me 

I can't keep using internet with an upload speed like this it's unusable, I have weeks of results logged and none of them exceed 0.30 mbps.

im told I have to pay my next bill in 10 days but must send my equipment back in the next 5 working days or I will be charged for it, unbelievable.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@9yearMember wrote:

I am goint to be changing providers but after 9 years they didn't even try to keep me 

Where Openreach isn't prepared to do anything further to remedy the issue, there isn't really any alternative action that any Openreach client ISP could take.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion