Discussion topic: Upgrading from Broadband Essential to Superfast

This message was authored by Simon+McLeish This message was authored by: Simon+McLeish

Upgrading from Broadband Essential to Superfast

Hi,

We currently have Broadband Essential, which was all that was available at our postcode until recently. Our contract is coming to an end, and we'd like to upgrade to Superfast rather than just renewing Essential.

I'd like to know how close to the contract ending I should ask for the upgrade - how quickly will it be processed and when will the new Superfast contract start in relation to the Essential contract ending?

Also, the page on sky.com describing the upgrade process seems to be mainly aimed at people switching from other broadband providers. I've seen from another post on the forum that there will be about 2 hours downtime, but I'd also like to know if we keep the same broadband hub or get a new one as part of the upgrade.

Thanks,

Simon

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Upgrading from Broadband Essential to Superfast

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon+McLeish Sky will allow customers to upgrade at any time within the minmum contract period - you will be tied to a new 18 month contract - just ask. The same does not apply to people downgrading!

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by WebboD This message was authored by: WebboD

I have updated from essential to superfast and wondered if I should have received a new hub

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@WebboD 

What hub do you have at the moment

Sr102

Er115 or

Sr203

The model number is on the back of the hub

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Hi it is a ER110

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@WebboD

Its still a valid fttc vdsl superfast hub.

How long have you had it.? Maybe you could call sky and ask for the er115 otherwise the sr203 is available for those with internet calls or paying the £5 pm extra for broadband boost

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

ive had it for years but i will give them a call

@WebboD 

150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion