Discussion topic: Upgrade to Fibre to Premises

This message was authored by thisMarco.dev This message was authored by: thisMarco.dev

Upgrade to Fibre to Premises

Hi,

After few compains I managed to get OpenReach to come and install FTTP at my house.
I have already I Sky Broadband Superfast.

Once the installation is completed, do I need to phone Sky or I can just connect the router to the new Optical Network Terminator?

Thank you.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

Re: Upgrade to Fibre to Premises

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@thisMarco.dev 

You'll need to contact Sky, your current provision will be over copper (as you have Sky Superfast already and the fibre is a new install) and Sky will need to arrange an upgrade to fibre. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

Re: Upgrade to Fibre to Premises

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@thisMarco.dev 

You'll need to contact Sky, your current provision will be over copper (as you have Sky Superfast already and the fibre is a new install) and Sky will need to arrange an upgrade to fibre. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion