Discussion topic: Unable to change Wifi name and password

This message was authored by Dhanender This message was authored by: Dhanender

Unable to change Wifi name and password

When i login to 192.168.0.1 with Wifi name and password and  click on any tab like " Change Wifi Password" . I get an error that you are not authorised. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Unable to change Wifi name and password

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dhanender  How is the device that you are trying to change the Wi-Fi name and password connected?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Dhanender the log in username is always admin and the hub admin password is the wifi key on the label for the latest hubs and sky for the others. Changing the wifi password does not change the admin password which is a different field.

It is far easier to managecthe hub over an ethernet connection rather than wifi as the device will rdconnect after changes are made while wifi devices need to be reconnected to the network first.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by NickR2 This message was authored by: NickR2

Hi,
On the latest SKY Hub, I use admin as username and the Wifi password, on an Ethernet connection, but it doesn't accept the password and I get the following message: 
"192.168.0.1:80
Your password will be sent unencrypted"

then nothing ...
Please advise?

Many thanks, NR

@NickR2 do you have a white Sky hub or a black one. The instructions and log in you quote is correct for the ollder black hubs but some browser fail to recognise thst you are connecting to a device on your home network that does not pose a security threat. Changing browser or reducing the security level should a llow you to connect. 

The newer white hubs do have a web interface but all of thecsettings you require should be in the My Sky app in Broadband/Product options/Sky Max hub use the pencil icon to edit tge SSID and psssword.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by NickR2 This message was authored by: NickR2

Thanks for your prompt feedback @Chrisee 
I use a black SKY Hub.

Will check MySKY App further. Is that where I can lower security settings temporarily? 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@NickR2 

The black Sky hub has all settings on its admin interface, you wont find anything in the My Sky app.

What device & browser are you using to try and access the settings?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

@NickR2 its the security settings in the browser thst need changing so you can access the web interface which uses http rather than https which is what the browser is bothered about.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion