Discussion topic: Terrible internet speed and dropping off constantly

This message was authored by EmilyR6382 This message was authored by: EmilyR6382

Terrible internet speed and dropping off constantly

We pay for the enhanced super speed broadband, but I'm on the point of having to change supplier due to the terrible quality. It seems to drop off frequently, or be poor quality, but today dropped off about 20 times before I finally am using my personal mobile as a hotspot to work, (which is a lot more reliable). It states we get a refund if below 16 a day, but strangely it is 16 exactly every day, even today when it is un-useable. I'm just wondering if anyone at Sky can improve this, or do we have to cancel to get the internet we require to work? Thank you, 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Terrible internet speed and dropping off constantly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EmilyR6382   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

EmilyR6382
Topic Author
This message was authored by EmilyR6382 This message was authored by: EmilyR6382

EE0897F8-4C8C-407E-8795-F7DD67CF432F.jpeg

Thank you for your offer of help, I think the below picture is what was requested? Please let me know if you need anything further, 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EmilyR6382 

Its 15Mbps at the minute taking into consideration line drop of 10+ in a 24 hour period they must take it on board as a line fault

Call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

To book an engineer

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion