Discussion topic: Terrible Slow internet speeds

Chev
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chev This message was authored by: Chev

Re: Terrible Slow internet speeds

I don't see a link?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chev 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Chev
Topic Author

IMG_3292.jpeg

IMG_3293.jpeg

IMG_3294.png

   

IMG_3290.jpeg

IMG_3291.jpeg

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Chev 

Shows partial in ground , which is probably the work they've  completed. Where does the fibre terminate?

They'll have to come back and finish the rest of the cabling and csp grey box and ont

At the end of wbc fttp is it showing 1 stage install?

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Chev Your contract started some 15 months ago, if you were on superfast broadband for that period and now on essential plus, you would have noticed a huge difference now with the broadband.

You need to look at the contract you got at that period, if there has been a mistake and sky have switched you to the lower that would be questionable as it would involve disconnecting you from fttc to the essential package which involves wiring change etc. Also the history on your account if you log in will show you the last 15 days of speed, so have a look at that.

Chev
Topic Author

So I started paying for sky broadband essentials plus when I first joined sky, but upgraded to sky broadband superfast on the 16th of august and the speeds Havnt changed one bit 

Chev
Topic Author

Do you know any way of contacting sky on the phone? I just went through emails and on august 2023 I upgraded from essientls plus to sky broadband superfast, 6 months later no changes to the speed what so over, been staying at 7mbps since.

@Chev Then the upgrade activation in august has failed, as you would have noticed a huge increase in speed and internet activity, You would have a document stating upgrade and surprised this also did not involve sky making you take a new 18mnt contract. Hope you have that document. Maybe in your message section of your account

@Chev 

Call sky on 150 from your sky landline.

I haven't a clue whats happened previously the vdsl superfast speed shows 80Mbps and would have been noticeable

@Chev If you have a landline, call 150 and stay on the line, if not goto sky.com and bottom of page need extra help will to show you the number to call 

Chev
Topic Author

I have nothing in messages but this is what the email says

IMG_3296.jpeg

IMG_3295.jpeg

@Chev Look at your billing to see if it change around the august period to reflect the new charges or change to contract, as i say normally new 18 month contract is enforced, but there may have been an issue, so check your billing for sure.

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

I was on that, it is not full fibre  to the property , that start at over a 100mps, I am on 500mps, download  71mps open reach  engineer  fitted  it and that included  a optical network  terminal, as the old open reach  master socket  is no longer required  you are on what is know as fttc, full fibre  to  the  cabinet  and then copper line to your  property, old phone line, also with  fttp you also get a grey open  reach  customer service  point box outside  the  house somewhere which the fibre optic  line run through  before  coming  into the house at the o n t point, I had it fitted  on the 17th  of  last month 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion