Discussion topic: Taking over a firbe box in house instead of the cooper wire

This message was authored by hamsome007 This message was authored by: hamsome007

Taking over a firbe box in house instead of the cooper wire

Hi i got superfast broadband at 1.8mb 

and its too slow sky broadband is coming throgh copper cable 

i do have two firbe boxs coming into the property one is being used by aquiss as i need it for word at 160mb 

i would like sky to use the other box but i tried two year ago for them to use other box but sky said it dosnot show on there System 

both boxs was installed by openreach 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Taking over a firbe box in house instead of the cooper wire

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@hamsome007 

Could you enter your full address below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Hamsome1 This message was authored by: Hamsome1

IMG_3480.png

IMG_3481.png

IMG_3482.png

IMG_3483.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@hamsome007 

The 330 Mbps wbc fttp suggests that maybe the initial connection was installed by openreach as part of a rural community due to vdsl speeds not capable of delivering more than 10Mbps superfast or as part of a government voucher scheme in both cases sky is always a authorised reseller hence possibly why they installed it for aquiss.  

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by Hamsome1 This message was authored by: Hamsome1

So dos that mean they can do it and it show on there system 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Hamsome1 

It could well be the reason Sky cannot see FTTP availability on their sales system: a typical listing would show 1000Mbs inbound and 220Mbs outbound.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@hamsome007 

What area of the uk are you in? Is it rural?

Were the openreach boxes there when you moved in .  How did you end up selecting aquiss as a provider.? You may have to go back to them to either upgrade your active box to 330Mbps or to see if they can give you a new line on the second inactive ont

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@hamsome007 

The 330 Mbps wbc fttp suggests that maybe the initial connection was installed by openreach as part of a rural community due to vdsl speeds not capable of delivering more than 10Mbps superfast or as part of a government voucher scheme 

330/50 was also the fastest offering if 'business broadband' over FTTP was ordered a few years ago: it's what BT Business resold under their 'Infinity' branding, so Aquiss may have done the same.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion