Discussion topic: Switch to Sky fibre not complete on the last day of switch

This message was authored by Gautam This message was authored by: Gautam

Switch to Sky fibre not complete on the last day of switch

Hi

I have TalkTalk installed at my place which doesnt support fibre. I thought of switching to Sky fibre which required fibre installation. On the last day of  TalkTalk service i.e today (12 June) Sky engineer visits and tells me that internal router is quite far from the hub outside the main door and he cant install fibre today and need Netwrok Solution team to help. 

Now I've received a message that OpenReach will now complete the setup and it will be their engineer who will help.  I'm now stuck with last day of my service with TalkTalk and no internet from tomorrow without any idea of when the new engineer would help with the setup. Tried reaching Sky but call wouldnt proceed beyond 1 min.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Switch to Sky fibre not complete on the last day of switch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gautam 

I think you'll need to be persistent and stay on the line.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Gautam 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
Gautam
Topic Author

Broadband activation pedning for more than month now!

My Sky Broadband activation is pedning for more than month now. I dont need this service any more. I need to cancel this activation. 

Gautam
Topic Author

Re: Broadband activation pedning for more than month now!

Fibre broadband that requires Openreach to install new connection. I had raised activation request on May 29th and now its almots 1.5 months and still waiting for activation.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Gautam wrote:

Sky engineer visits and tells me that internal router is quite far from the hub outside the main door and he cant install fibre today and need Netwrok Solution team to help. 

'outside the main door' would be the CSP, not a 'hub'.  From the CSP there needs to be a fibre pigtail coming inside the property to the ONT location (near a power socket) : while the householder has some choice about this, there are very definite limitations over both distance and the complexity of the route.

Has this second stage of installation now been completed?

Gautam
Topic Author

The location of CSP itself is far from the property as CSP is installed very close to the Openreach's Fibre box. From this fibre box the fibre connections go to different properties. 

Sky informed Openreach to reinstall CSP closer to the property. It has been more than a month now and only update i receive is Openreach will reinstall.

I dont need this activation anymore and would rather look to switch to better service provider.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Gautam 

I'd think that's the CBT (connectorised block terminal) which is street level distribution infrastructure serving multiple properties.

The CSP (customer service point) is a small passive external box on each individual property, where the incoming four strand fibre drop cable to that individual address is fusion spliced to an optical pigtail which enters the property to the ONT.

If the CBT isn't appropriately located in the street then there could be an extremely long wait for service from any Openreach ISP.

Gautam
Topic Author

Yes. I'd switch to non-Openreach service provider. 

How can i cancel the activation process now? Customer care would just keep my call on hold without any help.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Gautam 

I think you'll need to be persistent and stay on the line.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion