Discussion topic: Swish fibre

This message was authored by private.lawyer This message was authored by: private.lawyer

Swish fibre

Hi I got 3 months of swish fibre broadband for free, how can i get my sky broadband back as I'm still paying for it.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Swish fibre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@private.lawyer 

Swish would have installed their own fibre-optic cable and ONT, but they should have left the Openreach optical infrastructure intact.  If that's been damaged and you still have an active Sky FTTP subscription then you'd need to log a fault through Sky for Openreach investigation: for that you'd need the Sky Hub plugged in to the Openreach ONT.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@private.lawyer 

If you didn't cancel Sky Broadband then is may still be active: Swish is an altnet using its own optical private infrastructure.

Note however they the newly-introduced extended one-touch-switch system does complicate things: it now means that by default ordering service from an altnet will cause broadband from an Openreach ISP to be cancelled.

private.lawyer
Topic Author
This message was authored by private.lawyer This message was authored by: private.lawyer

Sorry I forgot to mention they changed the wire outside

private.lawyer
Topic Author

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@private.lawyer 

Swish would have installed their own fibre-optic cable and ONT, but they should have left the Openreach optical infrastructure intact.  If that's been damaged and you still have an active Sky FTTP subscription then you'd need to log a fault through Sky for Openreach investigation: for that you'd need the Sky Hub plugged in to the Openreach ONT.

private.lawyer
Topic Author

Thank you @TimmyBGood will get on it now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion