Supposedly received speed boost but tests suggest no change.

Answered
Go to Answer
Oracle
Post 31 of 33

Re: Supposedly received speed boost but tests suggest no change.

Hi @cc1970

The stats you posted show a connection speed of 63Mbps Download & 20Mbps Upload. If you cant get these via ethernet then there may be something wrong with the line profile which the engineer should be able to sort. Let us know how you get on

Researcher
Post 32 of 33

Hi

Fingers crossed the engineer will sort things out.  Will update when the engineer visits on wednesday

Researcher
Post 33 of 33

Hi

Thought I post an update after BT Openreach engineer visit today.  Before the guy arriived he checked some tests about my capable line speed and stated I should get the 80/20 speed no issues.  He wsa also able to tell me that the line checks out ok with no dropouts in the last 2 months and everything was in the green.

I had a Pre filtered socket and he plugged his test equipment in to the socket and stated that it was still showing capable speeds of 80/20 with no issues.   we ran a few speed tests via my laptop(wired) connection but still only getting say 55mb down.  He fitted a new Filtered face plate and again ran the test but now getting only 61mb (Ookla) but his equipment was getting 80/20 and agreed my setup was all good.

We performed a hard rest of the router but still getting 61mb.  

He then said that it could be the router and in retrospect I agree its the only bit of kit thats now suspect.

Any thoughts?