Discussion topic: Superfast BB states average speed is 59 Mbps, but also states the estimated download is 35-56Mbps?

This message was authored by IamYounique This message was authored by: IamYounique

Superfast BB states average speed is 59 Mbps, but also states the estimated download is 35-56Mbps?

So I simply don't understand how the average speed of Superfast is stated as 59 Mbps, but directly below in the breakdown of info, it states the estimated download speed - 35- 56 Mbps... surely the estimated average of that is something like 45 Mbps.

Can anyone explain?

All Replies

IamYounique
Topic Author
This message was authored by IamYounique This message was authored by: IamYounique

Re: Superfast BB states average speed is 59 Mbps, but also states the estimated download is 35-56Mbp

I'm asking on here as speaking to a human being at SKY appears to be the same nightmare and restriction you find with most companies... just give you an AI Bot and you have to spend your time and energy trying to overcome the Bot because your question does notfit into their planned expectation of responses! Drives me friggin' mad!!

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Superfast BB states average speed is 59 Mbps, but also states the estimated download is 35-56Mbp

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IamYounique  Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@IamYounique the 59Mb/s is the average speed all customers on the Superfast service. The Speeds each line can deliver depends on the length of the copper cable to the cabinet serving it. Your range is 35 to 46Mb/s as your line is longer than average. This is not something Sky or any isp can do anything about until you have a fibre connection all the way to your home.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
IamYounique
Topic Author

Thanks for that advice. I already have a Virgin Media fibre cable connection to my house... so do you know if that exclusive to Virgin, or are those cables used by other providers?

This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@IamYounique wrote:

Thanks for that advice. I already have a Virgin Media fibre cable connection to my house... so do you know if that exclusive to Virgin, or are those cables used by other providers?

That will be exclusive to Virgin.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion