Discussion topic: Speed droped from 39 to 29

This message was authored by 19thirsty87 This message was authored by: 19thirsty87

Speed droped from 39 to 29

My broadband speed has dropped from 39 to 29 now I can't really connect to anything. Say if the TV is on netflix  upstairs  and you have a laptop on as well you can't go on a phone or another device to watch or doing anything it won't connect now can anyone help.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Speed droped from 39 to 29

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@19thirsty87 Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
19thirsty87
Topic Author
This message was authored by 19thirsty87 This message was authored by: 19thirsty87

19thirsty87_0-1666007306805.png

19thirsty87
Topic Author

19thirsty87_0-1666007471190.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@19thirsty87Raised noise margin in the downstream of 7.2. Do you know what speed you are supposed to get between?

Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer. But could you also click on " Tell me more about my connection " and post a screenshot of the speed you are supposed to get between and your minimum speed you are expected to have before reporting a fault.

19thirsty87
Topic Author

19thirsty87_0-1666007872784.png

19thirsty87
Topic Author

But I was 39 most of the year and I dont know when it changed please help.

@19thirsty87How long has this been going on for and what was the reason for the last re-start of the router?

19thirsty87
Topic Author

About a month and I have not done anything to the router.

@19thirsty87  Router re-started around 5 days ago. With the raised noise margin there is more speed there, but looks like the line is unstable. Does the broadband test say green good and give no warnings at all about your speed?

19thirsty87
Topic Author

Yes it is green all the time.

@19thirsty87You could try raise a fault with Sky and see if they will look at it. But they might say that you are within your speed that you are supposed to get. But you could say it has got to the point that I am unable to do the things I used to do and have not changed anything in my set up.

If you are able to call Sky about this, just dial 150 on your landline. When asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", you might be asked for a mobile number, give this but DO NOT hang up and it should then drop you into the queue to speak to an advisor.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion