Discussion topic: Some devices stopped connecting & asking for password (and still not connecting)

This message was authored by MartynB26 This message was authored by: MartynB26

Some devices stopped connecting & asking for password (and still not connecting)

Had my router for a few years and all of a sudden its rejecting some (not all) of the connected devices.  We hadn't changed anything.  The ones that it's rejected, when we go to reconnect it asks for password.  When we put that in it still doesnt work.

All the devices its rejecting had worked fine.  Weirdly working on a few devices without issue.  Random what devices do work too.  My iPhone is working now (didnt for a while) while my wife's is not (they are the same age).  My old iMac working fine, my new Macbook not.  Old iPad not working, wifi extender to smart TV is working fine.  Location doesnt seem to be an issue.  Happened all of a sudden to all of them on Sunday.

I've tried a reboot, still having the same issues.

My router is a SR203, firmware is 7.03.0704.R

All Replies

MartynB26
Topic Author

Re: Some devices stopped connecting & asking for password (and still not connecting)

Just as an update, some devices connect, then get kicked off.  My work PC had this.  Just seen the same on my iPad (connected ok for a few seconds, internet working, then Wifi connection dissapeared, try to reconnect and get the password request again).

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Some devices stopped connecting & asking for password (and still not connecting)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MartynB26 

Did you try factory resetting the hub by holding the reset button on the rear for 30 seconds?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
MartynB26
Topic Author

Yup, did it via the button (twice) and via logging into the hub directly.  Was on call with Sky when I did that second time.  Also tried changing the security settings in case it was a VPN issue.

Weirdly seems better, but not perfect, now.  Some devices connecting (work iphone, macbook and ipad) that had problems.  Others (my iphone and work PC with VPN) still not happy at all.  See what the engineer says tomorrow.

Just all very random.  All these devices had been happily working for ages.  Nothing new had happened.  This is why I wondered if it was a software update to the router.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion