Discussion topic: Slow speed and keeps cutting Off (Exeter area)

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by MISSJUDGED This message was authored by: MISSJUDGED

Re: Slow speed and keeps cutting Off (Exeter area)

Ours has been down since about 4pm altogether. I've put this on local forums as it's clearly a whole Exeter issue.

This message was authored by gmspromo This message was authored by: gmspromo

I'm also in Crediton .. phoned at midday and was told it was a line fault and an engineer would come between 10am and 12am tomorrow ... Phoned again 45 mins ago after seeing all the replies in this thread and local Facebook groups reporting the same problem .. I was told again there were no problems locally, but the engineer visit had been cancelled. When I asked why, the sky guy said because there was a problem in the local area .. make up your mind sky .. please acknowledge the problem!!!!!!!

This message was authored by Julie581 This message was authored by: Julie581

I think that was the most frustrating part.

We all get that services may go down, nothings perfect. But telling a whole thread of customers it's their fault and not acknowledging that it's a wide-spread problem, is kinda.. well it gets old fast.

Hopefully they can fix it, honestly I'd hate to be a line engineer. LOL

This message was authored by Coco1197 This message was authored by: Coco1197

I'm in Exeter, burnthouse land, sky down here too, download speed won't go over 4mbps. I've seen people complaining since the start of the day, so why hasn't this been sorted yet? I'm confused to why we have no update and nothing has been fixed? What are we paying for? 

Thing is, it won't be a line issue .. in a server room in an office somewhere, their will be a network switch that has been power cycling itself all day long and probably died a couple of hours ago ...

This message was authored by MISSJUDGED This message was authored by: MISSJUDGED

So my 'line' issue is now fixed. Try yours now guys 

Yes, unless you haven't checked, everyone should find their "line issues" magically fixed today and all is (hopefully) well. The worst thing about today has been Skys' communication (or lack of)  and the fact some of us were treated as idiots, both here and when phoning support. There is quite obviously a knowledge void or lack of communication within Sky because if it was me, and I had 50 or more people in one area all reporting the same problem, I wouldn't keep telling them there were no local problems or it was a problem with their line. Today I think you lost a customer in me Sky ..

This message was authored by Wayne18 This message was authored by: Wayne18

Thought it was sorted but it's playing up again ☹️ come on sky !!!!!!

Yes Wayne, it was "sorted", for about 1 hour ... now it's on a go slow again intermittently. I give up talking to Sky today ... I have a headache from smacking my head against a Sky brick wall ...

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning All

We've had confirmation to say that the issue was resolved.

If you continue to have problems, I'd recommend resetting your hub.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion