Discussion topic: Slow broadband connection to iphones since fibre installation

This message was authored by Mick84 This message was authored by: Mick84

Slow broadband connection to iphones since fibre installation

Slow connection on Mobile Devices

Even though when I test the system setup (which has just been upgraded to Fibre) everything appears to be fine, we have a real issue in that a number of mobile devices (particularly iPhones) seem to be unable to benefit from the speed Sky is saying is available. The same devices have no issues when working off data, but become sluggish / unusable when connected to wifi.

We've tested by disconnecting phones from WiFi to see where the issue is, and sure enough, when the phone switches over to 4/5G, the page/video will load instantly. 

I can see someone else had a similar issue but there was no remedy provided.

We also have had issues with connectivity of our skyQ box since the Fibre installation - to be honest I'd like an engineer to come and sort it out but Sky seems unwilling to make that easy!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Slow broadband connection to iphones since fibre installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mick84 Sky should send out an engineer if your Q box is not connecting. You are not the only person reporting issues with Wifi aftercaxswitch to full fibre. What is the colour of the hub? The new white Wifi Max hub seems to be more problematic.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion