Sky router blocking CCTV system

Runner
Post 16 of 24

Re: Sky router blocking CCTV system

Sure:

App is called: ZOSI View

I am on Vodafone, my partner is on O2, and my work phone is on EE - get same issue on all 3 networks.

Director of Photography
Post 17 of 24

As I understand it, the Zosi DVR uses a cloud service for its mobile viewing app and really shouldn't need port forwarding, unless you use a web browser over the net aswell to connect to the DVR, in which case you will also need to configure a DDNS service.

. Under network services on the DVR is cloud enabled and set to the same port number(s) as your viewing app? I had a issue on the 3 network where sometimes the app couldn't establish a connection. In my case I had disabled IPv6 LAN side on the router, once enabled it worked fine. I have a different DVR to the Zosi and mine doesn't allow me to have access to the DVR's IPv6 configuration, but if you are able to access it on yours, try assigning 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844 for DNS one and two servers. Let us know how you get on  Smiley Happy

Runner
Post 18 of 24

Cloud Services are disconnected on the DVR. It doenst have IPv6 settings on it, only v4. It says networking approach is connected, and when I do a test for the network it passes, which means it can get out to the internet, I guess?!

I tried the IPv6 off and on, and rebooted the router last night, didnt make any difference. Also deleted all the port forwarding and FW rules and services which I created, and tested and didnt work, recreated them and all again, and still didnt work. 

I also put a test rule in to allow any device on any port to get to the IP of the DVR, that didnt work either.

Director of Photography
Post 19 of 24

@Matt2380 wrote:

Cloud Services are disconnected on the DVR.

Sorry are you saying disconnected or disabled? The cloud service needs to be enabled and connected if that helps...

Runner
Post 20 of 24

im getting the same issue, upgraded to q hub router. I copied the settings from my old sky hub and initially the port forwarding works then after about 20 mins the ports externally appear as closed. I think i'll just plug the old router back in. do the set top boxes need the q hub or will they work with the old hub ?

New Viewer
Post 21 of 24

This all sounds like NAT Loopback.

if you turn off your WiFi and try remotely using 4G does it work?

Oracle
Post 22 of 24

@Faheyj If you have Q tv boxes they work best with the Q hub and they then act as wifi hotspots. Try to set up your port rules again using these instructions https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/How-to/How-to-set-up-port-forwarding/ba-p/2662260.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Runner
Post 23 of 24

No change. I have it working with my old sky hub less than ideal as the new hub back in the box

Runner
Post 24 of 24

Retried setting up port forward but still no joy. Back on the old hub which works fine. Used the same settings on both hubs but new one won’t allow the inbound connection 

Recommended Threads
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM