Sky router blocking CCTV system

Viewer
Post 1 of 24

Sky router blocking CCTV system

Hello guys

I have a cheap and cheerful CCTV system that I use at home

Cameras are on the local network behind my sky router as is the CCTV system

The system is avaliable on a public IP as well so I can connect to it from any device / connection

This worked perfectly when I was on ADSL connection with old sky router

but a few weeks ago i changed to FTTC and got a new sky router 

Now the CCTV system still works locally but I cannot connect over the internet 

I am convinced the new router is blocking it. can anyone help? 

All Replies
Director of Photography
Post 2 of 24

Re: Sky router blocking CCTV system

May I ask which CCTV you are using and what devices are connecting to it over the internet and by what method (apps, web browsers etc.).

Oracle
Post 3 of 24

@rasling7709 If you were connecting directly to the camera system from external using a public IP address then the problem is probably that when switching to FTTC your public IP changed. Have you checked to see if you are still trying to connect to the correct address when out of the house?

Viewer
Post 4 of 24

Thanks for the reply!

It's a Samsung srd-470d

I connect via web browsers

If i connect via internal IP 192.168.1.200 it works perfectly (on same LAN)

but when external i must use samsung URL: http://(myuniqueID).websamsung.net

i hit the login screen from my CCTV box but when i log in it times out. this does not happen internal

This only started happening when I changed from ADSL to FTTC and got a new router. 

If you have any idea what I can do I would be so greatful for your help. 

Viewer
Post 5 of 24

Hi thanks for the reply!

Sorry I don't know why I said IP address. it's a URL

I know its still the same because I hit the login page of my CCTV box but the login is only successful on same LAN, it times out over internet. convinced it's my router doing this because it didn't do it before with old router. 

Director of Photography
Post 6 of 24

It might be as simple as enabling plug and play on the router. Failing that you may have to open listening port(s) on the router. As I understand it the default port is 80...

Oracle
Post 7 of 24

What @dwg1 has said is usually the solution to accessing internal services from external.

Failing that is there any other change you have made apart from the router? It may be worth factory resetting your camera system to see if that gets it working 

Viewer
Post 8 of 24

Thank you for these suggests! 

For test I went to Security > Firewall Rules on the router, and made new inbound rule to ALLOW ALL  services to 192.168.1.200 (the IP of my CCTV)  i will not leave it like this, i just wanted to test.

I also enabled uPnP

But unfortunately the problem persists 

If you happen to have any other ideas I highly appreciate it if you can pass your thoughts onto my direction but if not I appreciate all your time so far nonetheless and hope you are having great day 

Oracle
Post 9 of 24

@rasling7709 I am going to assume your CCTV system it connected directly to the hub with nothing else inbetween?

Viewer
Post 10 of 24

That is correct yes

As mention if I go to IP 192.168.1.200 from local device on same LAN i hit the same login page but I log in success

It is only when access external, I can hit the login page but login times out when i enter credential

I'm sure it must be router block since only thing that changed is new router

But maybe I'm wrong

I will try your suggest, factory reset CCTV system and set up again. But in meantime if you think of any other suggests i am really happy if you can share to me.

Thanks so much 

Oracle
Post 11 of 24

At this point I think a factory reset is your best option as this will eliminate a possibility of an incorrect setting thats causing it not be accessible from external. Let us know how you get on with the factory reset

Runner
Post 12 of 24

Did this post get resolved? I have exactly the same thing. Just moved from Virgin to sky and now my cctv is not remotely accessible. Port forwarding setup correctly and firewall rules in place. Just get connection failed, but can get to it from internal network. Need a solution!!

Director of Photography
Post 13 of 24

Could you please tell us which CCTV system you have, and what method you are using to connect to it over the web (e.g.  a Android/Apple app, a Web browser etc.)...

Runner
Post 14 of 24

I have a ZOSI CCTV system. Standard ports are 80, 5000 and 5001 and I have port forwarding setup for all 3 of those ports, as well as 3001 and 37777 as they were mentioned on a couple of other forums as being required. I use an app from Play store to acces the cameras remotely, same app I used without any problems when using my Vurgin broadband. Its really getting annoying. Works fine when my phone is connected to internal sky broadband, when just on 4G, get connection failed every time.

Director of Photography
Post 15 of 24

May I ask which network you are on and which app you are using.

Recommended Threads
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM