Sky refuse to submit ORDI. Two addresses,correct one silver,phantom one gold?

Runner
Post 1 of 4

Sky refuse to submit ORDI. Two addresses,correct one silver,phantom one gold?

I’ve been at this address for 6 years. Was with BT and now Sky,for at least 4 years. I’ve been trying to get fibre since 2017. I know for a fact that it’s available. Openreach connected properties either side of my house last year and the junction cover is five feet from my front door. The problem is this. My house, that has a name no number, is listed as a silver address, when spelled correctly. However, there is also another house listed, slightly different spelling (two words omitted) and that is listed as a gold address. At some point a database error has been made and not by me. It’s always been known by the first name. Sky refuse to submit an ORDI to openreach to update the database and effectively upgrade the correct one to gold. There is no other property in this area remotely named like it. I even sent a picture of the exchange cover to Openreach on a live chat at his request but he then wouldn’t confirm what was beneath it. I’m stuck in the loop from hell whereby I know super fast is available, but sky say not, and openreach won’t send anyone out to check. I can’t get a service I’m willing to pay for and it’s driving me insane

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: Sky refuse to submit ORDI. Two addresses,correct one silver,phantom one gold?

From all I've learned from the forum over several years, it seems that Sky do not have the interface with Openreach to enable them to amend address information on the Openreach database, even if they have the theoretical authority to do so. You  might have better luck with the BT forum, whose moderators may be able to help. I'd suggest not volunteering that you have a non-BT ISP if you try that route.

Researcher
Post 3 of 4

Re: Sky refuse to submit ORDI. Two addresses,correct one silver,phantom one gold?

It's pitiful that Sky do not have the ability to sort this for you but Mark is right, I'll echo his sentiment from my own 8+ years with Sky - BT still have better routes through to OpenReach.

Sky should be trying harder to have better contact imo, it seems nothing has changed in this area.

Oracle
Post 4 of 4

@Melon+popper

I'd also try your local council, many councils are in well with Openreach and may respond to a call for help from you.

Recommended Threads
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM