Discussion topic: Sky max hub wont connect to tv

This message was authored by Tedlington19 This message was authored by: Tedlington19

Sky max hub wont connect to tv

Please help!

I 'upgraded' to fibre yesterday and got the sky max hub. 
it will not connect to my smart TV using the password 

i have to mess about each time i switch the TV on and use the WPS .. and then have to mess about even more to connect it.

i have tried tip and tricks from google such as resetting network settings but its still the same.

it is driving me mad!

plus, the 'upgraded' wifi is terrible! 
constantly flaky 

really wish i had not bothered 

Do we have a cool off period?

I really just want rid of it!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky max hub wont connect to tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tedlington19 thre have been reports of difficulty networking some Samsung TVs to the Sky Max hub which were sorted by changing the hub's wifi security from the default WPA3T to WPA2 in thr My Sky App. If you have an Apple kit that may start moaning about reduced security which is technically correct but nothing really to worry about.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by meagan4231 This message was authored by: meagan4231

Re: Sky max hub wont connect to tv

I had this issue, tried everything with sky over the phone and samsung. In the end an engineer came out he was here about 45 minutes trying to resolve it. In the end he had to wire the internet into my TV as apparently some TVs dont like the new hubs

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion