Discussion topic: Sky max hub not using 160mhz channel

This message was authored by JakeB_02 This message was authored by: JakeB_02

Sky max hub not using 160mhz channel

Hi,

My Sky Max hub doesnt use the 160mhz channel (I need it for my wifi 6 compatibility with my TP link TXE70UH) nor can i change network channels.

Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky max hub not using 160mhz channel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JakeB_02 

I believe use of 160Mhz will be automatically blocked by DFS if the Hub detects a priority signal in the vicinity.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
JakeB_02
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply

do do you know if it's possible to use a non DFS Channel but not with 160mhz so as to not cause radar interference?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JakeB_02 short answer is no. If you check the web interface at 192.168.0.1 for your white SR213 hub, which is for information only but does show some useful stuff. Log in using the username admin and the default wifi password then select Connection/WiFi 5GHz you will see the unit is set to use 20.40/80MHz bandwidth and automatic channel selection however you cannot change the option to also use 160MHz bandwidth as that option is greyed out. No Sky hub offers much customisation but the SR213 is the worst in that area. The DFS licencing  in the UK is probably why.

The hub on its own does support WiFi6 (not 6E!) and most devices connect properly but the pod extenders are only WiFi5.  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JakeB_02
Topic Author

Thank you for your response!

I see, that's rather annoying. Starting to wish I just went to other BT or someone else due to the sheer amount of problems I've had with setup and installation also :,(

Thanks anyways guys!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion