Discussion topic: Sky max hub absolutely rubbish

This message was authored by nadia+swan This message was authored by: nadia+swan

Sky max hub absolutely rubbish

I have recently swapped my internet to sky max including the wifi guarantee from sky ultrafast with boost. The previous router (black version) had no problem with the signal and had perfect wifi in every room. I was persuaded to upgrade to sky max and we are now unable to get internet in the two back bedrooms. I have had to turn 5hz off as half my devices wouldn't even connect! I have been sent a pod which connects and disconnects all day I have tried moving the pod to various locations but it has made no difference. Even when the pod is connected we still do not have wifi in the two bedrooms - is there a fix to this can I just ask them to send my back my old router? There are no available engineers until the end of the month and I have already spent hours on the phone trying to sort the problem with sky. Has anyone got any ideas?? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky max hub absolutely rubbish

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nadia+swan if you are paying for WiFi Max add-on Sky will supply extender pods if you ask if speeds over wifi dont reach 25Mb/s in every room.

If your home has solid walls you will need these extenders as the new system heavily relies on the 5GHz band to provide coverage which does not work thst sell in tradiotionally built homes. If a single pod doesn't help,then Sky will send an engineer out who can authorise another 2 pods if required.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion