Discussion topic: Sky hub not arrived but broadband now live

This message was authored by SteveC5 This message was authored by: SteveC5

Re: Sky hub not arrived but broadband now live

Mine has gone live this morning (10th April) and my router is still awaiting dispatch. Shocking really. Already asked for compensation for Sky TV for being billed for something I didn't ask for and now this.

Any online help brings you here. Not exactly 'help' more of a 'not alone'.

This message was authored by geewhizz This message was authored by: geewhizz

Yeah, my Vodafone router won't work either

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: No Sky Hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Si+Slater  What information about your router delivery is there in track orders in my account.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Andy146
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andy146 This message was authored by: Andy146

Just FYI there is an official complaints process you can follow via the My Sky app. Have done it myself  even just to have aomethikg recorded in writing, as its simply not good enough. This appears to have been a common well known problem that has been allowed to sit and in 2024 potentially being without Broadband for a week from a massive company is not good enough. If you dont say anything, nothing will change.

This message was authored by JamesL2 This message was authored by: JamesL2

Spoke to someone who told me there was "a major incident" preventing equipment being dispatched.

What concerns me, is that mine was due to be dispatched in March! So this issue isn't recent, they've had plenty of time to communicate this to customers, but haven't! So because of this, my switch has gone live, but I don't have a router and no internet. If they communicated this in the abundance of time they had to send some comms out, I would have been able to postpone my live date.

Really poor from Sky here - issues happen, but not communicating them is really not acceptable.

This message was authored by spc_123 This message was authored by: spc_123

Im in the same situation. 2 of us working at home and already in a few hours eaten through our mobile data allowance. Everytime a van drives past im hopeful it is a router delivery but know deep down it is has probably not even left the warehouse.

Does anyone know how easy it is to claim back mobile data costs from Sky (from another mobile provider) as im going to have to switch to a costly unlimited mobile plan?

This message was authored by Steve666_beast This message was authored by: Steve666_beast

For me its the other way around, I  got the router a couple of days before the switch, but I'm missing the openreach engineeer (who was supposed to do the Sky engineers bits as well). Called the sky support but they are clueless to what is happening too....
Fortunately the Plusnet copper broadband is still functioing as there are 3 people working from home....

This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona

I'm in the same boat as I posted below. I'm having to use a Smarty unlimited data for work but I cannot do Teams calls or move much data. 

This message was authored by Si+Slater This message was authored by: Si+Slater

Nothing showing in the despatch.  The  order was originally placed 24 Mar.  I was told i would receive a text message update this morning and still nothing 😡

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Si+Slater  Sky has informed us that there is an ongoing issue with the router deliveries not going on and are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks, but 1:  how do you know that unless you work for Sky?

2:  Sky should have told me that about 2 weeks ago before BT cut my broadband now leaving me with no broadband and can no longer work from home.  The Sky communication has been very poor and disappointing!  😡

@Si+Slater  I don't work for Sky, but there are certain Sky staff that the superusers have contact with. I asked the question and that is the answer that was given.

This message was authored by BB2619 This message was authored by: BB2619

Hello,

Can you find out whe will be deliveries again?Because I didnt get any infromation about delivery either.

I paid money for this.Why sky ddnt update?

This message was authored by Audimad52 This message was authored by: Audimad52

Exact same issue. Openreach turned up to wire property and because they are not sky. No router on board. Fortunately he left as it is so bt still on atm. As OH does WFH. Good luck. I mean they only had 6 weeks to sort it..

Really!! 🤔 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion