Discussion topic: Sky hub dropping over past week

This message was authored by Schal This message was authored by: Schal

Sky hub dropping over past week

Our sky broadband has started dropping off on a regular basis since last week - never had any issues before then.  It is a real issue with working from home as unable to connect to websites (getting the reload screen each time) and video calling is becoming a nightmare.  Sometimes the message is that it is connected but no internet other times it just drops off all together.  Weirdly the Sky extender seems to work ok.  When I can't get into sites connected to the main hub if I switch to the extender I can get access.  My son's gaming PC is having the same issues.  He can't access Discord or any of his gaming sites when connected to main hub but can when connected to extender.  Mobile phones on the other hand are all working ok with the main hub and no issues accessing sites.  I'm at a bit of a loss.  I've checked all the service and speeds and they show as fine.  I've tried rebooting both hub and extender a few times but it makes no difference.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky hub dropping over past week

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Schal is your hub black or white? If it is black please post the connection stats see 

Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

What extendercare you using?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Schal
Topic Author
This message was authored by Schal This message was authored by: Schal

@Chrisee Stats attached.  Don't know what you mean by extendercare? The extender we are using is a Sky supplied white device but no clue what model

IMG-20240716-WA0010.jpg

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Schal the stats show you have a full fibre Ultrafast connection which since the hub was restarted some 5 hours before you took the stats has been stable. I suspect your issue is related to your home network firstly in that relatively short time the hub has detected 25 packet collisions and the symptoms you describle indicate that the hub is nit able to route data correctly. .

The Sky hub should look like a white version of your Sky hub if it doesnt it is probably the cause of your issue however you can get similar issues if you have Sky Q boxes especially if they are using ethernet connections. 

Unplugging the extender could be a sensible first step to see if the odd behavior stops. If it does but you need a booster call Sky to get the correct booster for your hub.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion