Discussion topic: Sky broadband router to switch

This message was authored by Mariusz1981 This message was authored by: Mariusz1981

Sky broadband router to switch

Hi All,

im new here and I apologies if I'm asking for the same but I didn't see an answer for my issue.

I'm trying to connect my SKY router to patch panel and switch to have an internet in all sockets designed at home. Cables are done checked and working perfect. I have an issue as there are no connection while return cable is not flashing( I've made a change from gigabit to fast internet but internet speed dramatically went down and still no internet in other sockets but cables are finally flashing but still no internet) Anything what need to be done in settings? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky broadband router to switch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mariusz1981 there are no other settings on a Sky hub other than the FastEthernet/Gigabit switsh you mention if set to Gigabit the cable used must havecall 4 pairs wired.

I would connect a device directly to one of the hub's ethernet ports to test that works. If thst does repeat with the switch not using the patch panel etc to see where the issue lies.  If you are on FTTP remember port 4 on the hub acts as an input for connecting to the ONT rather than as an output. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Mariusz1981 

Perhaps the sockets are wired oddly and you need crossover cables?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Mariusz1981
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mariusz1981 This message was authored by: Mariusz1981

I will have a look once again and I will revert asap 

Mariusz1981
Topic Author

Hi Guys, I have had back to basic and I have moved Modem downstairs and plugged in etc.

WiFi is working as normal no problem. but while I`m connecting directly to the modem there is no connection whatsoever. Is it a modem issue or does Sky need to activate something?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Mariusz1981 

So router > Ethernet cable > Device doesnt work? Have you tried a different device to see if it has the same behaviour? Its odd if none of the ethernet ports work on the hub but it is possible. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Mariusz1981
Topic Author

This is correct none of the ports working on this router to transfer data to a laptop.

I'm waiting for the delivery of the new router but this should be today or tomorrow and I hope this will resolve this issue. 

all been easy previously and works with the other network Router so I assume this Router need to have so issue. Waiting for my new router and I will update you guys.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion