Discussion topic: Sky Wifi extremely intermittent, yet ethernet is up and driving a second wifi hub okay

This message was authored by Neil+Adamson This message was authored by: Neil+Adamson

Sky Wifi extremely intermittent, yet ethernet is up and driving a second wifi hub okay

Over the last few weeks I've found the wifi from my Sky router dropping out. We installed a second, Netgear wireless hub so that my son could run VR on his wirelessly connected monster gaming machine without sucking out the entire bandwidth leaving the rest of the household limping along. 

Wifi from the Netgear just keeps going, telling me the internet to the router is fine, as is the ethernet to the Netgear. So it's quite obvious the Sky equipment is struggling to provide wifi. Wouldn't be so bad, but all devices keep deciding to reconnect to Sky, even though it isn't working.

I try to get online help, only for the AI chat bot to interfere and block half the browser window. I explain the problem, but the chat bot is too stupid to understand, and it shoves me into the same irrelevant options over and over, whichever way I phrase the question.

I could really do with communicating with a sentient being, but deity preserve me from sitting in a queue half my remaining years.

Suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Sky Wifi extremely intermittent, yet ethernet is up and driving a second wifi hub okay

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Neil+Adamson 

I would imagine its because you have two routers running right next to each other fighting for WiFi channels. Have you considered just switching WiFi off on the Sky hub and using the Netgear hub?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion