Discussion topic: Sky WiFi Max Hub (white): No WiFi but wired connection is ok

This message was authored by Donna125 This message was authored by: Donna125

Re: No WiFi but wired connection is ok

No bad weather in Scotland just now so not connected to bad weather. After testing my broadband and WiFi connections continuously and it saying everything looked fine I tried to press wps button to see if it made a difference. Even that's not working! So just got so annoyed I connected my old sky q router and bingo everything is back to normal. Can find on all my devices WiFi lists and all connecting and working...I think the problem definitely lies in the router but tests are not picking up anything wrong 

SZ1
Topic Author
This message was authored by SZ1 This message was authored by: SZ1

Maybe try press WPS button for 30 seconds to factory reset the router? It worked for me finally..

don't think this issue is related to weather as well.

surprised to see many people are facing the same issue at the same time..

This message was authored by NotToby This message was authored by: NotToby

+1 on the WPS button 30 sec press. It worked for me. The connection still comes and goes but I suppose it's their side of problem.
This message was authored by Nick5077 This message was authored by: Nick5077

It's happened to me as well. I cant see the router on any devices. My sky max hub was only installed yesterday and all was working fine when we went to bed, nothing when I got up. All the lights on router and ONT are fine. Tried switching off and on made no difference

This message was authored by Nick5077 This message was authored by: Nick5077

Ok, tried resetting by pressing WPS button for 30 secs and that seems to have worked for me - all connected again.

This message was authored by Jamzy44 This message was authored by: Jamzy44

Same problem here. Did was reset and can now see router b...

Same problem here. Did was reset and can now see router but keeps dropping in and out. Only installed router a couple of weeks ago and new to fibre. 

This message was authored by PJS37 This message was authored by: PJS37

Thank you for posting!  I was having the same issue and the WPS worked for me.  Had to try it twice.  The second time, I got the flash of green before my router (max hub) restarted.  I didn't hold it down long enough the first time...sharing that in case anyone else isn't holding the WPS long enough.  

This message was authored by Doktor46 This message was authored by: Doktor46

Had the same issue this morning. I tried the WPS button and it seems to have worked, mostly. I can now see the router on my devices but the TV signal still seems to be cutting out periodically. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning Everyone

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention and thank you @Chrisee for tagging me.

I've escalated this problem to our support teams and as soon as I hear back, I'll let you all know.

I'm marking this post as an answer, so that everyone has the most up-to-date information. This doesn't mean that it's been fixed.

As confirmed by @SZ1 a current workaround is to factory reset the hub by holding down the WPS button for 30 seconds. Once this is complete, any previous changes you've made, will be downloaded again from the cloud.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Dipti13 This message was authored by: Dipti13

Dipti Patel

WiFi not working 

This message was authored by Pazy This message was authored by: Pazy

WiFi not visible

Morning 

my WiFi is on but not visible to my devices. 
please advise? 
Thanks 

Paz 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi not visible

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pazy if you read some other tgreads you will see yiu need to rest your hub the method for doing so is on the white hub press and hold in the wps button for up to 30nseconds until the led on the frontvdtarts flashing green rapidlybthen release. Once restarted the hub should be back to notmal.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by DJL94 This message was authored by: DJL94

No WiFi

WiFi down. Switched on and off including the FTTP box. No signal showing up on phone or laptop. Unable to work until fixed.
This message was authored by Samuel-James This message was authored by: Samuel-James

WiFi Down

Woken this morning to no WiFi connection - wall mounted device appears to be operational (3 green lights) however the WiFi is no discoverable by any device in the house. Checks via the 'my sky' app say there is a problem, but seems unable to diagnose and fix appropriately. 

Any solutions to this are much appreciated. 

This message was authored by Camandmac24 This message was authored by: Camandmac24

WiFi issue

Tested our connection on sky.com says there is no issues and all working but devices cannot find the wifi and can't connect 

router has been turned on and off multiple times and now has a permanent red light 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion