Discussion topic: Sky WiFi Max Hub (white): No WiFi but wired connection is ok

This message was authored by Neoublie1984 This message was authored by: Neoublie1984

Re: No WiF. When you do a reset hold the WPS button untill the light blinks.

I help the button untill it blinked then i unplugged the hub for 10 seconds and switched it back on. Started working after.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No WiFi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skyjem hate to suggest this but it sounds like you have not actually done a full factory reset you only release the WPS button before the indicator led on the front of the hub is flashing green rapidly which takes up to 30 seconds. The hub then should completly reboot which takes a few minutes. While it is possible you have a dodgy hub the full factory reset brings back the SSIDs on the vast majority of units. ..

I would suggest you call Sky to see what they advise because they have not as yet said anything as far as I know.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Neoublie1984 This message was authored by: Neoublie1984

Re: No WiFi signal coming from the hub. Hold the WPS button on the side of youre hub untill it blink

HOLD THE (WPS) BUTTON ON THE SIDE OF YOURE HUB UNTILL IT BLINKS THEN RELEASE. I ALSO UNPLUGGED THE HUB AFTERWARDS FOR 10 SECONDS THEN PLUGGED IT BACK IN. THAT SHOULD SORT IT.  AFTER I DONE THIS MY PHONE COULD FIND MY HUB AGAIN 👍

This message was authored by Skyjem This message was authored by: Skyjem

Re: No WiFi

@Chrisee I have done the full reset twice including disconnecting the power lead. I have spoken to a Sky expert who said that Sky were working on a fix and he'd let me know when this was done.  He was also aware that a reset did not resolve the issue. Did you personally experience this problem this morning? 

This message was authored by Tim_H This message was authored by: Tim_H

Re: Sky WiFi Max Hub (white): No WiFi but wired connection is ok

Same issue. Working ok this morning, back from work and no wifi though wired works fine

This message was authored by LDH This message was authored by: LDH

I'm having the same problem, been off all day. Tried all suggestions and still no go, only had it a few days if it's not sorted soon I'm going back to my last company!
This message was authored by Repwoc This message was authored by: Repwoc

Re: Wi-Fi not showing as an available network

Same problem. White light on router but no WiFi signal even for phone to pick up. Tried rebooting several times. Tried phonecall to technical help.. they had no idea.
This message was authored by Tim_H This message was authored by: Tim_H

Tried WPS press for 30s as described. Did until green light blinked, hub reset and all ok and working.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion