Discussion topic: Sky WiFi Max Hub (white): No WiFi but wired connection is ok

This message was authored by SimonOS This message was authored by: SimonOS

Re: No WiFi signal coming from the hub

Are there any sky employee's on this forum?

Just spent 50 minutes on hold to the call centre only to be cut off....😡

New customer, in less than a week, so far one of the worst customer services experiences i can remember... and no signal coming from our shiny new WiFi hub...

@skyemmployee's

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No WiFi signal coming from the hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SimonOS if you read the post marked as the answer to this thread which is from the forum manager otherwise the forum is customer-to-customer. This is the link to raise a complaint How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by StewShep This message was authored by: StewShep

Re: No WiFi but wired connection is ok

I have exactly the same issue. My internet was only installed yesterday!

This message was authored by Delibelli This message was authored by: Delibelli

Re: Sky WiFi Max Hub (white): No WiFi but wired connection is ok

I’ve done the WPS reset and no joy. This is absolute rubbish. The menus on the Sky Puck are laggy, all I get on any channel is that there's a technical fault. Can't fault the SkyGlasd Tv downstairs which is wired to the router but the WiFi is absolute garbage. We left Virgin because it was so expensive but at least the WiFi worked! 

This message was authored by Skyjem This message was authored by: Skyjem

Resetting my hub does not resolve the problem.

@Delibelli sounds like you have a different issue this thread is discussing the issue of white hubs not broadcasting a SSID so devices lose connection.suggest you start another thread giving details of your issue if you want help in sorting the problem.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Re: WiFi Down

Resetting does not help at all with me hub. Only joined sky last week but this has destroyed my confidence in them. No Internet, no phones and no help from Sky. Virtual assistant utterly useless. 

Re: Dipti Patel

Sorry but a hub reset does not clear this fault on mine. Still unresolved.

Re: No WiFi

@Chrisee resetting the hub had not resolved this problem for me. Made no difference. Lost all confidence in Sky.

This message was authored by Hspanj This message was authored by: Hspanj

I had the exact same problem this morning. Everything all working but my WiFi name is not showing on the WiFi list and none of my devises are now  connected. 

@Skyjem the reset only deals with the specific issue of the white hubs not broadcasting the SSID so if it didn't help you havecsome other iissue. If you would like help,from forum members - remember none of us work for Sky - please post a new thread with details of the symptoms you are seeing.

If instead you want support from Sky call them. The lines have been very busy as there was a mojor issue with SkyStream/Glass at the end of last week not helped bybthe thunderstorms and a major pay-to-view fight by all reports it was bedlam at their call centres. 

@Hspanj resetting the hub should clear that the post marked as answer should explain how to domthat.

This message was authored by Hspanj This message was authored by: Hspanj

@Chrisee - I will try that out later on when I am next at home to see if that will do the drink. I have taken a screen shot of the answer given of how to reset the router to try and get it to work again. Thank you. 

This message was authored by Eugiene This message was authored by: Eugiene

Re: No WiFi but wired connection is ok

Hi- I have same issue with my WiFi not connecting. I have tried what has been suggested above, but still no change. I'm still with no connection and my WiFi not detected on devices either.

thank you

@Chrisee the issue I have is same one that many have evidently experienced this morning of wi fi disappearing from devices. Two hub resets failed to fix it. The hub light is on and showing white, the bt box on the wall has 3 green lights as normal, running system checks shows that evetything is working but it isn't. I'm only concerned that your advice of resetting isn't going to work for everyone. Still waiting to hear if Sky has come up with a fix for this. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion