Sky Router not turning off wifi when scheduled.

Researcher
Post 1 of 4

Sky Router not turning off wifi when scheduled.

Evening all! I want my router to disconnect the wifi in the eves due to lunatic kid wanting to fail GCSE's but win games! I've set up the schedule under the Security and then schedule but it fails to disconnect at night.

I set the times that its on 7.30 am to 10.30pm and hit apply but it doesn't do it!

Have I missed something or is there some thing else I need to do.

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: Sky Router not turning off wifi when scheduled.

Researcher
Post 3 of 4

Thanks Jamesn123 for the follow up email. I'm sorry for the late response I've been away with work.

I have tried following those instructions but to no avail! I came in late from work last night and he's playing a game on his Ipad! He failed his GCSE English this week for a second time!!  Do you know if Sky do a different router whish is more user friendly to control rather than all this Ipaddress this, schedule that. I'm thinking Imight have to change providor because I can't have wifi in the house that I can't control at the  moment! I see elsewhere on the forum that the Virgin box is much easier to work with.

Oracle
Post 4 of 4

Hi @Beaker199

Sorry to hear about his GCSE, Unfortunately Sky dont do another router with that functionality yet however there is a new one coming this year which is likely to have proper child controls on it. In the meantime you have a couple of options;

- Change the WiFi password at night so he cannot logon and then restore it in the morning

- Buy a 3rd party router from somewhere like Amazon, Currys etc. That has child controls built into it.

- Buy a 3rd party tool such as a Disney Circle which is designed around giving high control over devices on your network. 

Recommended Threads