Sky Q router & Hive

Runner
Post 1 of 11

Sky Q router & Hive

Hi Folks.Im new to this so bear with me!!!

Having problems with wifi on all devices in the house, constanly dropping connection.

I was told by sky tonight that the problem could be my Hive Hub being too close to my router??

If this is the case is there any fixes apart from a very long ethernet cable to getthe hive hub away from router!!

Cheers

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 11

Re: Sky Q router & Hive

You could try powerline adapters

Highlighted
Runner
Post 3 of 11

Thanks James, would the mini boxes run better over Ethernet from an adapter? 

Producer
Post 4 of 11

@Andycockram1 wrote:

Hi Folks.Im new to this so bear with me!!!

Having problems with wifi on all devices in the house, constanly dropping connection.

I was told by sky tonight that the problem could be my Hive Hub being too close to my router??

If this is the case is there any fixes apart from a very long ethernet cable to getthe hive hub away from router!!

Cheers

My hive hub is right next to my sky router with no issues what so ever over the past few years therefore i would think it's nothing to do with that 

My Set up
Sky Q 2tb V2
Samsung 55KU 6500
Sky Q Mini x 3 by wifi using Sky Fibre ER110
Samsung S10+ 1tb
LG SJ9 Soundbar
Dell Desktop PC i7 Processor, 24GB Ram, Windows 10 Home
Joined Sky Community 8th November 2010
Runner
Post 5 of 11

Thanks Baz. I have to say I was a bit dubious about the sky tech guy who said it wasn’t the Hive causing issues!! 

My Sky Q was one of the first to come out and the sky router is the same age, so probably 2 years old or so. (Do they have a life span)

We moved to a new property not long ago and have had trouble ever since. (Although the WiFi dropouts happened in old property as well)

One of the Mini’s is forever pausing because of signal, even had a Sky booster fitted a couple of weeks ago and still doing it. 

Another call to Sky today I think!!! 

Oracle
Post 6 of 11

The mini boxes would quite likely run better over the powerline and may solve the WiFi dropout issues you are having. It sounds more like a problem with the Q mesh system rather than your hive hub

Runner
Post 7 of 11

Thanks James. Any recommendations for the Powerline adapters?? 

Oracle
Post 8 of 11

I find TP-Link or Devolo the best ones. Here's an example

Producer
Post 9 of 11

@Andycockram1 wrote:

Thanks Baz. I have to say I was a bit dubious about the sky tech guy who said it wasn’t the Hive causing issues!! 

My Sky Q was one of the first to come out and the sky router is the same age, so probably 2 years old or so. (Do they have a life span)

We moved to a new property not long ago and have had trouble ever since. (Although the WiFi dropouts happened in old property as well)

One of the Mini’s is forever pausing because of signal, even had a Sky booster fitted a couple of weeks ago and still doing it. 

Another call to Sky today I think!!! 

Got on day one as well @Andycockram1

My Set up
Sky Q 2tb V2
Samsung 55KU 6500
Sky Q Mini x 3 by wifi using Sky Fibre ER110
Samsung S10+ 1tb
LG SJ9 Soundbar
Dell Desktop PC i7 Processor, 24GB Ram, Windows 10 Home
Joined Sky Community 8th November 2010
Oracle
Post 10 of 11

@Andycockram1 Hive uses a wireless protocol called Zigbee which uses the same 2.4GHz band as wifi uses although my Hive hub has never caused issues I would try changing the 2.4GHz channel the hub is using to see if that helps as the auto channel select will not react to the Hive signal.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
First Assistant Director
Post 11 of 11

@Chrisee wrote:

@Andycockram1 Hive uses a wireless protocol called Zigbee which uses the same 2.4GHz band as wifi uses although my Hive hub has never caused issues I would try changing the 2.4GHz channel the hub is using to see if that helps as the auto channel select will not react to the Hive signal.

Just for information, Hive uses the same frequency as Channel 9 in the 2.4GHz band.

Recommended Threads