Discussion topic: Sky Max Hub not showing in MySky App

This message was authored by Kaylx This message was authored by: Kaylx

Sky Max Hub not showing in MySky App

Hey everyone,

Just got my Sky Broadband installed this morning and was hoping to finish setting everything up.

I went to change my WiFi name and password via the admin panel only to find everything is disabled because it's "easier than ever" to use the MySky app. *unamused*

After installing the app the router was showing up and was in the process of being set up or something and could take up to 20 minutes.

Well it's been 5+ hours and the hub option has completely disappeared from the app.

The app reports everything looks good/ok when i try the broadband and wifi tests. I just can't access the router settings. It only shows the Shield and McAfee settings.

I have a whole house full of smart and personal devices that are currently offline because I can't change the settings and I refuse to go around changing everything.

Can anyone help please? 

Best Answers
Kaylx
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kaylx This message was authored by: Kaylx Answer

Re: Sky Max Hub not showing in MySky App

I was told via tech support chat to reset the password on my account then uninstall the app, reset the hub by pressing the wps button for 30 seconds, then install the app again and log back in. The settings should show within 24 hours. It was just under 24 hours when the settings appeared.

To be honest i don't know if the resetting actually helped because when I phoned Sky initially (before doing the tech chat on here), the person told me to give it 24-72 hours for the settings to appear. It was just under 48 hours in total for me.

So patience might be your best bet but resetting the hub etc won't do any harm. 🤷

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kaylx 

There appears to be a delay in some Max Hub users seeing those tabs: Sky is investigating this and I've escalated your post.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Kaylx an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Localchap This message was authored by: Localchap

I have the same issue - I tried to set up my sky max router today and it has been stuck updating for 7 hours. When I run tests it returns no problems but the app shows continuous updating and shows a message to call customer support. I called customer support and after a 30 minute wait I was told not to worry as it would probably sort itself out eventually. Any chance my issue could be looked at?

Kaylx
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kaylx This message was authored by: Kaylx Answer

I was told via tech support chat to reset the password on my account then uninstall the app, reset the hub by pressing the wps button for 30 seconds, then install the app again and log back in. The settings should show within 24 hours. It was just under 24 hours when the settings appeared.

To be honest i don't know if the resetting actually helped because when I phoned Sky initially (before doing the tech chat on here), the person told me to give it 24-72 hours for the settings to appear. It was just under 48 hours in total for me.

So patience might be your best bet but resetting the hub etc won't do any harm. 🤷

This message was authored by Localchap This message was authored by: Localchap

Thanks I'll give that a go!

Kaylx
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kaylx This message was authored by: Kaylx

Best of  luck.🤞🏼 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Localchap the advice to relaunch the app does appear to work in most cases but if you are still stuck this morning please post again and one of the forum superusers can escalate your post.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Locutus This message was authored by: Locutus

We have the same problem also

This message was authored by Chuckylover This message was authored by: Chuckylover

Exact same problem - done all above - had engineer out and couldn't fix it and it's been 2months total now 😞 so frustrating I can't even stream 4k movies on my sky glass either 😞 as I can't control any connections or monitor bandwidth

This message was authored by Ross1111 This message was authored by: Ross1111

Having the same problem - been advised the same steps and this hasn't worked for me. I have people telling me to "clear my cookies" etc, which is a bit frustrating. 

I now have managed to have this escalated to a network engineer, however it's now going to be 72 hours before they will do anything. Not a great service,  considering this seems to be quite a common problem

This message was authored by MikeW257 This message was authored by: MikeW257

I'm having the same problem as others in this thread. I moved from BT this morning, and I've not been able to change the WiFi network name and password (so I don't have to go round every device that's ever logged onto my network). I was told to reset the router, re-install the My Sky app and change my login password (not sure what effect changing the password would have, but that's what I was told), but no change, so it's been escalated to someone else, with a possible 72 hour wait for attention. I logged onto the hub's IP address to access the hub directly, but most of the useful settings are greyed out. Why? It seems an unnecessary complication to bring the app into it.

This message was authored by Mpkayla This message was authored by: Mpkayla

I upgraded to gigafast, went live on the 27th Sept. On the 28th, I plugged in my new sky max hub and instantly had issues trying to connect my hub to the sky q when using the WPS button, also wouldn't connect to the booster. All other devices i could connect easily but only getting speeds of 80mbs. When checking services with the app it stated all services good but an on home issue, wifi disabled. But the max hub doesn't show in the app to adjust settings.

So I called, went through all steps to reset the router etc. Speeds improved to 980mbs, told not to use the old router as they are not compatible with the max hub. Issued the booster that day and received on the 1st. When plugged in it went from blue light to continuous flashing white light, just wouldn't connect. Again checked on the app, stated in home issue. So called, went through steps again and no change so broadband engineer sent out on the 1st. As soon as I told him the issues, he said its common, swapped the router and did checks, looked at my app and said he needed to call through to the tech team to get this raised as the router isnt boarded and usually resolved within 24-48hrs. 

Numerous calls, told a BT engineer due out to the property to check external connection for some reason but no one can tell me when or why when the issue is with the router. Was told it would be resolved by the 7th and now I've just been told to sit and wait! 

I have managed to get a refund for this month but no one can provide an estimated date to when it will be resolved. I'm already looking for other providers, been with sky for years and never had any issues till now!

This message was authored by Chuckylover This message was authored by: Chuckylover

Still waiting 5 months down the line and it's unbearable speeds I'm getting 35mb if lucky and  same situation this is **bleep**

This message was authored by Whammer This message was authored by: Whammer

I have the same issue and was told by tech support that it was an "onboarding issue" with the Sky Max hub. My landline is also dead and they've punted that off to Openreach even though it was working with the old hub. My options to change setting on the Sky website are greyed out and it says they will be available when my Broadband becomes "active" I was meant to get a call back, never happened. It was installed on the 26th of September, an absolute shambles.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion