Discussion topic: Sky Hub and Google Nest Cam

This message was authored by PEire84 This message was authored by: PEire84

Sky Hub and Google Nest Cam

Hello,

Switched over today to Sky Fibre from Sky Broadband Superfast so got a new Sky Hub.

Gone through the pain of moving all my devices to the new netork.

There is one device that just won't connect which is the Google Nest Cam - Model G3AL9.

I've the network split into 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz but it won't connect to either network.

When I'm going through the setup, on the Google Home App, the 5 GHz network doesn't show as a locked network to connect to and there is no lock icon indicating its a secure network.

I connect my phone to the 2.4 GHz network, go through the setup again on the Google Home App and I just get "Something went wrong".

I've seen some threads here where people had similar issues but could not find the resolution. 

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Hub and Google Nest Cam

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PEire84 factory reset the camera as it is not thst unusual for some IOT kit to not accept a new connection until that is done. Its too late now but if in the future you getva new router the simplest way of switching over devices is to change the new Hub's SSID and wifi passwoord to match the old unit rather than reconnecting loads of devices.😀

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
PEire84
Topic Author
This message was authored by PEire84 This message was authored by: PEire84

Re: Sky Hub and Google Nest Cam

Thanks @Chrisee . Lesson learnt the hard way for not keeping the same name 😂.

I've done the factory reset on the camera but no joy with it. 😣

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion