Sky Hub Ethernet connection issue and Wifi Printer connection

Runner
Post 1 of 7

Sky Hub Ethernet connection issue and Wifi Printer connection

I have recently updated to Fky Fibre Max and installed the Sky Q Hub.

The hub has 2 porets on the rear.  1 is connected to the sky box itself.  The second is connected to my NAS Drive.

The NAS Drive is not connecting to the internet.  I have tried switching the ports and switching the cables to no avail.  Has anyone seen any firewall or port issues with the Sky Hub?

Also I am struggling to connect my Wifi Printer to the hub as well.  despite being in the same room they are not discovering each other.  If I plug in my original Router all connect without issue.

All Replies
Camera Assistant
Post 2 of 7

Re: Sky Hub Ethernet connection issue and Wifi Printer connection

@Kopite321 Can you try changing the ethernet mode on your router from 'Gigabit' to 'Fast' to see if this solves your NAS connection issue.

To do this logon to your router at 192.168.0.1, head over to ethernet and then use the drop down box to change the selection

Runner
Post 3 of 7

Yes I have tried this with no difference. 

Could this be sky blocking access to these devices?

Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 7

No Sky have no control over it. Have you checked the IP address settings of your NAS to confirm that it is connecting properly? It may also be worth checking the cable you are using

Runner
Post 5 of 7

I cannpt access the NAS while on the new Router to check IP.  I think it is storing to .3  I set up the old router and connected fine.  I then ensured the NAS was set to DCHP but still cannot connect.  As I have said this has worked through the same cable on the old router so I am confident the ethernet is fine.

Camera Assistant
Post 6 of 7

It would seem it can't be the cable if it works fine on the old router but just to confirm is the cable at least a cat5e? If you are not sure it should be printed in small text on the cable.

It may be worth configuring your NAS to use a static IP and then see if it communicates with the new sky hub. It's possible as well that ipv6 is to blame for the connection issue. I would also check what lights you get on the NAS's ethernet port and the sky hubs ethernet port when you plug it in. Are there two lights? What colour are they? 

Oracle
Post 7 of 7

@Kopite321 If you post details of which NAS you have it might help. 

Regarding the printer these often have issues with the Q hub's wps system in which case I find linking the printer to a PC temporarily and setting it up that way helps. Updating the drivers at the sametime is also a good idea. Another idea is separating the two wifi bands by unticking synchronise in the hub's interface and giving one band a different name so you can tell the two apart then linking to the 2.4GHz band can work as well.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM