Sky Fibre Broadband DSL Settings for third party router

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Boom Operator
Post 16 of 18

Re: Sky Fibre Broadband DSL Settings for third party router

Just looking through the changelog for the firmware here and it looks like they removed the user/pass in the 2018/04/11 version so looks like it should have the standard Sky login with correct syntax built in.........as long as your firmware is up to date.

- Simplify settings for UK Sky in QIS. Removed username / password.

QIS = Quick Internet Setup

I would still leave the Sky modem/router plugged in though at least until your line has retrained back to normal.

Boom Operator
Post 17 of 18

If all you want to do is avoid double NATing on the Sky Q hub / ASUS router assign a DMZ in the Sky box to you ASUS LAN. FWIW I have a 68U as well. It is not a good modem and would avoid that setup. I use Sky Q DMZ -> Pfsense router/firewall and use the 68U as access point only. If you want to bin the Sky Q I would go for a dedicated modem that would bridge for you.

Answer
Researcher
Post 18 of 18

So in the end I contacted Sky and they sent an open reach engineer round to check and reset the line. I would have to agree with everyone saying that the Asus modem isn't good but the WIFI capabilities are by far better than Sky's. Since I did buy the DSL version as opposed to the R version I'm going to stick with using its modem and routing functions. The line reset has made the line a lot more stable, I'm getting hardly any CRC errors with roughly 72mbit/s download speed. I'm really happy that Sky does allow third party modems as I was worried that I just wasted £20.

Thank you all for your help. 

Recommended Threads