Discussion topic: Should I be getting a new hub?

This message was authored by Helen8771 This message was authored by: Helen8771

Should I be getting a new hub?

I'm upgrading my broadband from Standard to Superfast, and it goes live tomorrow.  I currently have an SR102 Hub - should I be getting a new one?  There's nothing showing on my order page other than the date of activation being tomorrow.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Should I be getting a new hub?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helen8771 

Ideally you should get at least the er115 or if you have subscribed to broadband boost or will be getting internet calls the sr203.  The old hub will work for the time being. 

What does it say in your orders in your sky account

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Helen8771
Topic Author

It just says "order in process" and will go live tomorrow.  Doesn't say anything has been posted out to me.  Providing it still works on the SR102 and I get the broadband speed I should, then I don't suppose it makes much difference.

Thanks for your help.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helen8771 

The sr102 will work but only has 2.4ghz wifi and is obsolete

If you haven't received a new one tomorrow get back to us

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Helen8771
Topic Author

No new router arrived (on Friday's activation date, or Saturday).  The "my orders" page is now showing nothing in progress.  I guess that means I'm not getting a new one.

Tried doing a speed check but it comes up with an error message saying "your hub isn’t responding to our checks", but that's nothing new.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion