Selective WiFi problems

Researcher
Post 16 of 19

Re: Selective WiFi problems

Same problem with q hub. I think my mum has sky broadband and I'm seeing her this weekend, I'll give it a try.

Researcher
Post 17 of 19

I'm my mum's house and she has sky broadband on the old style router (Same one I'm currently using) running at similar speed to mine and there is no problem at all. BBC news app loads straight up, email loads straight up and eBay photos load straight up. 

Oracle
Post 18 of 19

This is quite a weird one then, you say your speed is fine so I have no idea why images would load slow. Have you tried changing the DNS server on your phone manually?

Camera Assistant
Post 19 of 19

@Gillsfan wrote:

I'm my mum's house and she has sky broadband on the old style router (Same one I'm currently using) running at similar speed to mine and there is no problem at all. BBC news app loads straight up, email loads straight up and eBay photos load straight up. 

Glad to see the behaviour as expected and it does look like the Sky Q hubs do seem to have an issue with Android 8 Oreo. When my phone was on that version it was fine with every router except the Q hub. 

I would love to know what exactly causes this strange behaviour. A temporary fix you can try is to turn the WiFi on the phone off then back on whenever you see stuff struggling to load.