Discussion topic: SKY BROADBAND WORST EVER

This message was authored by Djs123 This message was authored by: Djs123

SKY BROADBAND WORST EVER

Never keeps broadband signal absolutel worst internet in the uk

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: SKY BROADBAND WORST EVER

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Djs123 

Without further information it is hard to help or try and solve the issue you have, is it wireless to mobiles etc... that you are having issues with? And have you tried repositioning the wireless router for better performance and splitting the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz wireless bands to see if it reduces or eliminates the interference that you may be experiencing in your neighbourhood?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Djs123
Topic Author

internet jeeps going down intermittently throughout the day it drops then orange light comes on before connection returns no rhyme or reason for irvthis has been going on ever since i got sky q installed last year in 2021 its absolutely woeful 2 engineers came its still hapoening its absolute rubbish and sky do. ot care one bit.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Djs123 

Can you post the router stats and the recent activity support log to the forum, so we can see whether we can add any additional useful information to finding the fault? There are instructions for finding the router stats at the top of this section of the forum and posting them. The support log is under the Support tab where the router stats are in the router interface at HTTP://192.168.0.1

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Djs123
Topic Author

588E9822-A6A2-49A1-BC73-EDF533937C59.jpeg1F84CE03-6829-4664-9D1F-F6C09C2EABDE.jpeg

does this mean anything 🤷‍♂️

Djs123
Topic Author

Or these mean anything?

1165CC9A-A139-47C9-B394-C82F128D87A0.jpegBF41C1EB-E1A7-4A4F-8EE4-AF331FA325B7.jpeg7B701C07-3F27-46D5-AC0F-48C026EC7131.jpegBFE8EB83-2F2D-48ED-870F-06C623BA76EB.jpegCA5ECD6F-EA2B-4094-9F0D-7A90A5E2F5F5.jpegBAB293D3-8905-4DDC-B1BD-C8B58220C069.jpeg

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Djs123  Those are not the router stats.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Djs123
Topic Author

well thanks for your help

Djs123
Topic Author

Terrible broadband just gone down again

8F95E299-F768-4989-B6B3-37E0587BA8DB.png

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Djs123 

Use the pinned thread at the top of the Sky BB forum page to obtain your router stats.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Djs123
Topic Author

Here you go havent a clue what this means

CEB02343-C549-43AC-90FE-35E483CB24E8.jpeg

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Djs123 your line is faulty which is indicated by the noise margin of 11dB - normally they should be 6dB or lower. Given your speed appears to be limited to 55Mb/s it would seem Openreach should be aware of the fault.

Quickest way to get this fixed is to run the connection test in the My Sky app which usually will offer to book an engineer if it doesnt call Sky by dialling 150 on your Sky Talk line (assuming you have a landline phone) which may well be noisy which oddly is easier to get fixed than broadband issues. The call to 150 is free.

Note Sky have no direct control over your line like all isps they have to get Openreach who owns the kit to fix it so getting cross with Sky is pointless as any ISP would havecthe same issue.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Djs123
Topic Author

Thank you Chrisee,

I have booked an engineer and will provide them with notes.

Hopefully it might get sorted this time, as this will be the 3rd engineer Sky have sent.

They are due on Friday, I'll let you know they fix the issue.

Kind regards,

Dan

This message was authored by Pauliedd123 This message was authored by: Pauliedd123

Sky internet is the worst ive ever had, it disconnects for hours then comes back on for an hour. They have too many people on there service, unlucky for new customers of Sky glass cause i am deffo changing providers after contractthis is a joke i deserve compensation for this i work hard an everytime i wanna relax an use my internet its never working, absolute joke.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion