Router

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 1 of 5

Router

Hi

Recently upgraded to skyq so have replaced sky hub (black one)  to skyq hub.

Wondering if I can pass the old hub to someone else. My mother has Sky, she has the really old router and always has to switch it on/off to get it working. Is it possible to give her my old hub? If so will it be just a case of swapping or is it more complicated?

Thankyou 

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 5

Re: Router

@jl050791 wrote:

Hi

Wondering if I can pass the old hub to someone else. My mother has Sky, she has the really old router and always has to switch it on/off to get it working. Is it possible to give her my old hub? If so will it be just a case of swapping or is it more complicated?

Thankyou 

Since she has Sky as an ISP it it a straightforward swap although remember the passwords and name will be different for any devices she has connected,

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

If she is with Sky then yes you can swap the routers Smiley Happy

Answer
Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 5

@jl050791 wrote:

Hi

Thankyou 

Since she has Sky as an ISP it it a straightforward swap although remember the passwords and name will be different for any devices she has connected,

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 4 of 5

Thankyou I'll give it a go

Camera Operator
Post 5 of 5

@jl050791 If you go into the Hub settings then you can change your router name and password to mirror the details of your mums router, then in essence you won't have to reconnect every device as it will be the same. that's what i did when i went from BT to Sky. So much easier.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I have helped you in anyway or have spoken sense, please give me a like.

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.