Discussion topic: Router password and WiFi names reset

This message was authored by jessicamalcolm This message was authored by: jessicamalcolm

Router password and WiFi names reset

Hi,

overnight, I'm guessing an update has been pushed to our skyQ router. 
the settings have reverted to the original wifi network names and passwords. 
the issue I have is I can't reset the admin password (even after hard resetting the router etc) and can't get in as it is not any of the standard options - not blank, sky, the WiFi password or the password I had set up. 
anyone have any ideas how I can get in to the admin settings of the hub??

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Router password and WiFi names reset

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jessicamalcolm one of 2 things has happened either an update has gonecwrong or your wifi has been hacked - if you livecwith or near bored teenagerscthst is not unlikely.

You need to do a factory reset on the b[hub by preesing and holdingbthe reset pin until the power led flashes which takes up to 20 seconds. When the hub restarts it should be back to the orginal settings ideally then connect to the hub using a device connected by ethernet cable. Type 192.168.0.1 into a browser and then return and the hub's interface should load. Then click on Wifi you will be asked to log in the user name is admin but the pasword is sky for older hubs (note no capital s) or the wifi pasword on the label for the  latest upright hub. Change the password to whatever you want to use but if you suspect your system was hacked useca password that only you know. Also change the admin password to something you know but other people dont.

If you have to use a wifi device try to avoid using an ios device if you can but you will have to connect the device by usungbthe default wifi password on the label. When you change the wifi password yhst device will be kicked off and will ned to be feconnected again using the new details.

If you are still locked out after a reset call Sky as the hub needs swapping out

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion