Replacing Sky Q hub

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 3

Replacing Sky Q hub

Can anyone confirm if you have to use the Sky Q Hub with the Sky Fibre? I find it has very poor performance and get no WiFi at the back of the house.

I would like to replace it with a proper wireless router that i can use access points for around the house.

I am just not sure if it allowed or if Sky will allow to use another router as I have different reports on whether you can or not

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 3

Re: Replacing Sky Q hub

@asav wrote:

Can anyone confirm if you have to use the Sky Q Hub with the Sky Fibre? I find it has very poor performance and get no WiFi at the back of the house.

I would like to replace it with a proper wireless router that i can use access points for around the house.

I am just not sure if it allowed or if Sky will allow to use another router as I have different reports on whether you can or not

They changed the rules in July you can use another hub but obviously they won’t offer support in such cases.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 3

@asav wrote:

They changed the rules in July you can use another hub but obviously they won’t offer support in such cases.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 3 of 3

Hi

i had a similar problem. 

I purchased the sky booster hub and all is fine now

freelandergeordie
Recommended Threads