Discussion topic: Replace ER115 with SR203 hub

This message was authored by Shamal2014 This message was authored by: Shamal2014

Replace ER115 with SR203 hub

We currently have the ER115 which we have had since we got Sky Q. It feels recently that the router itself gets very hot (much more so than it's done before) and regularly WiFi freezes and we have to disconnect and reconnect devices to WiFi and reboot the router. Is there any way we can replace it with the newer SR203 model which I understand all new Broadband customers get?

All Replies

Shamal2014
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shamal2014 This message was authored by: Shamal2014

Re: Replace ER115 with SR203 hub

Or if Sky do replace it will it be like for like? Tried all the online help guides and nothing seems to work.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shamal2014 wrote:

Is there any way we can replace it with the newer SR203 model which I understand all new Broadband customers get?

Sky needs to replace all Q Hubs with newer models before the end of next year when PSTN service is due to cease, but it's currently unclear how or when they intend to do this.  Personally I'd hope any fault replacement is done using the Broadband Hub, but that may depend on stock levels.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by scott+radley This message was authored by: scott+radley

I have observed the same.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion