Discussion topic: Relocating my incoming broadband box

This message was authored by Tara1000 This message was authored by: Tara1000

Relocating my incoming broadband box

Hi, we need to move our sky optimal cable box to another wall but the green plug is too big to go back through the existing hole. I can see a little nut inside the plug - is it simply a case of undoing it then popping it back when the new hole has been made? Sorry if this is a silly question I just don't want to start it and then have no Internet as I work from home

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Relocating my incoming broadband box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tara1000 wrote:

I can see a little nut inside the plug - is it simply a case of undoing it then popping it back when the new hole has been made? 

No, that's a factory terminated optical connection and is extremely unlikely to survive disassembly.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tara1000 the fibre connection is very delicate and easily damaged. Moving the ONT is a job for a trained  engineer with the right kit so call Sky to get a price.  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Tara1000
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tara1000 This message was authored by: Tara1000

Ah, thank you so much for confirming

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion