Discussion topic: Recently ky internet signal drops regular throughout the day and night

This message was authored by Djkim This message was authored by: Djkim

Recently ky internet signal drops regular throughout the day and night

Over the last few days my internet WiFi signal is dropping several times a day. Making working from home impossible. Do I need a new hub.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Recently ky internet signal drops regular throughout the day and night

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Djkim unless the hub is rebooting on its own when you lose connection it is unlikey thst the unit is faulty. The most likely cause is a line issue running the connection test in the My Sky app - dont just look at the intial test result you see click to make the test run again as the test can book an engineer if it picks up a fault. 

If it doesnt you can call Sky but unless there are other issues they may not be able to book an Openreach engineer as the automatic DLM system should stabilise the line but thst can take a few days. Openreach, bless them, consider yp,to 10 line drops a day as being acceptable. If you would lije an independent opinion and have a black Sjy hub post your hub's conection stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion